offering the finest in STOTT Pilates®
GYROTONIC® exercise & Massage
Kona Pilates LLC is a place of focused energy and tranquility. We ask that you please respect the privacy of other students and their wish to practice Pilates, GYROTONIC® or receive their Massage in our calm, peaceful studio.
- Due to parking limitations, please only arrive at least 5 minutes before your session starts.
- Refrain from eating an hour before your session (a light snack is fine).
- Wear comfortable clothes; leave your shoes outside the door.
- Turn cell phones off before entering the Studio.
- It is important to let the instructor know if you have any condition or injury before your session starts. If you are pregnant, please communicate this to the instructor at the time of booking.
- The Studio is an "open concept" studio, meaning that multiple sessions (private or duet lesson) may be occurring during the same hour. We ask that you are mindful to not disturb our other students.
- The Studio is also a "teaching studio," meaning that Pilates teaching apprentices may be observing the instructor teach a session (from an unobtrusive distance). These observation hours are crucial for building solid Pilates instructors. Remember, the trainee is observing the instructor - not the student.
- True "private" use of the studio is available for an extra charge.
- We ask that you refrain from bringing under age children with you, as there is not a way for them to be adequately supervised while you are exercising or receiving a massage.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Because some clients may suffer from environmental allergies, we request that you refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, scented hairspray, or other scented toiletries when attending sessions at the Studio.
- Please bring clean feet to all Movement Arts lessons, non-slip socks (we recommend Toe Sox), a small towel (if you tend to perspire), as well as a personal water bottle. The other clients will also appreciate your use of deodorant.
- We have plenty of complementary fresh filtered water.
- Wear form fitting, comfortable clothing for all Movement Arts lessons (yoga clothes or exercise clothing), so your instructor can see your alignment and how your body is moving. Please wear bike shorts underneath loose fitting shorts.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Kona Pilates' policies, please send us an email (the best way to reach us is email) or phone us at 808-756-1628 before beginning your sessions. We thank you for respecting our policies.